Upcoming Texas Bar College sponsored webcast:
Hiring and Being Hired as a Freelance Attorney: Issues and Best Practices
Wednesday, Mar 6, 2019
12:30 pm to 1:30 pm CT
• What are the attributes of a freelance lawyer? What types of services?
• Review of the ethical rules to be observed by the hiring lawyer or firm
• What duties of confidentiality must be observed? What fiduciary duties?
• Conflicts of interest: What should each side be required to disclose?
• How to appropriately limit access of the freelance lawyer to other firm matters
• Benefits of hiring a freelance Lawyer
• Benefits of being the freelance Lawyer
• Does the freelance lawyer form an attorney client relationship with the underlying client?
• Confirmation of independent contractor status
• Supervisory responsibilities: What should be required ethically?
• Freelance vs. “unbundled” legal services
• Pleadings required in some jurisdictions for limited-scope representation
• Best practices to observe in freelance services
Claude E. Ducloux, Austin
Law Offices of Claude Ducloux