Award Recipent - James Cooper
The Jim Bowmer Professionalism Award
J James Cooper
Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
1000 Louisiana Street, Suite 3400
Houston, TX 77002
Jim Cooper is a Partner at Gardere Wynne Sewell where he co-chairs the
firm's Policyholder Insurance Coverage Practice Group.
- Mr. Cooper has over 25 years of experience, handling a wide range of insurance
coverage matters. He has been involved in high profile coverage cases before Texas
courts of appeals and the Texas Supreme Court.
- He is a member of the planning committee of the three major insurance coverage
seminars in Texas and a frequent speaker at those seminars, and is also a frequent
speaker at the annual meetings of the American Bar Association's Insurance
Coverage Litigation Committee and the national audio conferences sponsored by the
National Constitution Center.
- Mr. Cooper was selected by his peers in 2006-2011 as a "Texas Super Lawyer" in the
area of insurance coverage (less than 5 percent of the attorneys in Texas are chosen
as Super Lawyers), and recognized for the seventh consecutive year as one of the
nation's top insurance coverage lawyers by Chambers USA. He was also nominated
to appear in the Insurance & Reinsurance chapter of Who's Who Legal: Texas.
- He is a current co-chair of the Emerging Insurance Coverage Issues Subcommittee of
the American Bar Association, a former co-chair of the Products Liability Insurance
Coverage Subcommittee of the ABA, and a Council Member of the Insurance Law
Section of the State Bar of Texas. He is also active in the Houston Bar Association
and was presented with a 2010 President's Award in recognition of his work as cochair
of the HBA's Professionalism Committee.
- Mr. Cooper is a Contributing Editor for the Texas Annotated Insurance Code. He has
co-authored a chapter on handling complex insurance coverage matters in INSIDE THE
MINDS: LEGAL STRATEGIES FOR THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY, published by Aspatore Books.
He has also authored insurance coverage articles for the Journal of Texas Insurance
Law, the University of Houston International Law Journal, and the Michigan Bar
- Mr. Cooper received his B.A. from Wabash College and his J.D. (cum laude) from
Tulane University Law School.
|E-Mail: Comments & Suggestions
Copyright © 1999-2008. All Rights Reserved.
Developed and Powered by Internet Concepts®